Saturday 19 December 2009

All wrapped up

As a sprinkling of snow arrived in southern England in the last couple of days it brough a little Christmas Cheer with it. There is something quite magical about the garden covered in a layer of crisp white loveliness that always make me smile, well once I have the industrial layers of warm clothing on I smile....

The layer of crisp white snow and finding that one of the TV music channels was playing Christmas tunes inspired me to dig out the wrapping paper and red wine and set too with present wrapping. Too much working recently has meant that I have been somewhat ill-prepared this year and after much digging around I discovered I've used up my stash of ribbon so I had to improvise..... its amazing that you can do with a hook and red yarn.....an hour later I had many of the presents wrapped in brown and gold paper decorated with yarn and crocheted tags....well I just hope that the recipients love them as much as I do, just goes to show you don't need to spend a fortune on ribbons and bows....a little time and some yarn is all you need


Many more to go.....but at least I have made a start and not only am I giving the actually gift this year I'm also giving a Christmas decoration in the form of the tag.....

I'm really settling in to this lovely world of crafting.....with the bonus of saving a few pennies its even better

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
I really do appreciate every comment so would be grateful if you let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Becca x