Now, back in November / December I saw a recipe in a magazine for some nougat and marzipan chocolate treats. These are some of my favourite foods so noted down the recipe and added the ingredients to my shopping list. It was only this weekend that I got round to actually making them.
200g soft nougat
150g quality dark chocolate - I used 75% cocoa
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Dust surfaces with icing sugar.
2. Divide marzipan into 3 and nougat into 2
3. Roll out each piece to about 15cm square / 5mm thick
4. Create sandwich of layers - marzipan / nougat / marzipan / nougat / marzipan.
5. Trim edges and cut into chunks
6. Melt 2/3 chocolate in a bowl over water until it reaches 50C then add reminder of the chocolate and allow to cool a little.
7. Dip in your marzipan sandwiches and set aside on grease proof paper to cool
I had a varying degree of success in presentation, but who cares when they taste this good!
I used a chocolate fondu fork to dip the sandwiches - this has left a mark in the top of the chocolates....have you got a better method?
I'm thinking my new year diet might start in February!