Wednesday 19 June 2013

Cathedral Circle Quilt

We moved into our new home in July last year and have been (very slowly) redecorating the whole place, we're currently working on the spare room. It's going slow for a couple of reasons, one of which is I want to make as many items for the room as I can.

We have cream carpets throughout the house (choice of the previous owner! Not the most practical flooring with a toddler and a hubby who works outside) and I wanted to have a rug next to the bed to add a splash of colour to the floor.

I though it might be nice to have 2 different bedside rugs, same size, same fabrics but a different design. I saw a gorgeous play mat from Moda Bake Shop on Pinterest in the Cathedral Circle Quilt design, (follow the link for a tutorial into how to make a quilt in ths style) I loved it, immediately I knew one of the bedside quilts would be this design.



Cathedral Circles Quilt
Cathedral Circle Quilt



It was actually quite simple to make, although I did buy a circle rotary cutter, think this would be very difficult with scissors. It was quite a quick quilt design to make as the Cathedral quilt design is just circles with the edges folded over so you glimpse the backing.

Cathedral Circle Quilt

Always think the Cathedral Quilt design looks far more complex than it is

Unfortunately I haven't quit finished, I've decided it isn't big enough, so want to grow is by 2 more rows of 3. So will be doing a little more cutting and sewing before this makes an appearance in the guest room

2 comments:

  1. Cute rug - I like that technique and have used it a few times. Bet it looks great by the bed when you're finished with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your oomment, I've just added 1 more row of 3 to make it a rectangle, much happier with it now. its finished :o)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.
I really do appreciate every comment so would be grateful if you let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Becca x