Saturday 19 June 2010

All Buttoned Up

I returned home late last night resembling a Pearly Queen



I hadn't suddenly decided to move to East London and learn Cockney rhyming slang. No. I'd been to a Button Jewellery taster class at the London Jewellery School and had made enough goodies to practically rattle as I walked home.

There is certainly something exciting about being faced with a box brimming with buttons. I don't know if its the feeling as they drip through your fingers, the mirage of colours and shapes or just the chance of uncovering a gem which makes rummaging such fun but the 4 of us in the class were mesmerised before the class had even started.

Our 2.5 hours whizzed by in a flurry of button threading action. I really couldn't believe just how easy it is to make these sweet-shop treats. Am now off to eBay to source some materials...here is what I made....I will be seen modelling them around London and Surrey for a long time to come

2 cute bracelets



some retro button earrings


and here is me modelling my new necklace

2 comments:

  1. I like the new blog look!

    I'm surprised how nice button jewelry looks. Yet another thing to add to my list of to do crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn - it is sooo easy you have no idea, you could even get your little ones to do it...although I guess buttons and toddlers arent such a great mix so maybe scrap that idea.

    Basically how you think it is done it how it is done, you just thread the cord through and then fasten off the ends. et voila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I really do appreciate every comment so would be grateful if you let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Becca x